Top Products to Sell
on Amazon in 2021
Determining what to sell on Amazon in 2021 is a little tricky. No one knows how the coronavirus pandemic will pan out, which means shoppers may not have as much money to spend on personal items or gifts.
That said, experts predict e-commerce sales in the U.S. will go up 18% in 2020, which is a good sign for 2021. We also predict that Amazon FBA sellers will continue to dominate the online shopping arena. If you’re looking to get ahead of the curve, you might want to start thinking about the top Amazon products to sell next year. Here are a few tips for where to focus.
Finding Your Niche
Before you dive into what to sell on Amazon in 2021, you should first think about your niche. If you already have a successful online store, you probably already have a certain category you focus on. While it might seem profitable to suddenly start selling face masks, if your main products are in the automotive field, this may not be such a good idea. This is because people trust you as an authority in your niche. You’re their go-to for specific products, not everything under the sun.
That said, if you don’t already have a niche (or if you want to sell your existing business and start over), you may be able to capitalize on some of the top Amazon products for 2021. So far, it’s looking like personal care items, games and puzzles, and fitness equipment are some of the top products to list on Amazon next year (more on those below).
How to Price
When pricing your products, it’s important to look at how other FBA sellers are pricing. You don’t want to enter the market too high or too low — try to find a price that sits squarely in the middle of the competition. Also, keep in mind the key price range for customers — generally, between $10 to $65. Any less than this, and you probably won’t make enough of a profit to keep afloat. More than this, and you miss out on casual Amazon shoppers making impromptu purchases.
Should You Create Your Own Brand?
Unsurprisingly, some of the top Amazon products today are private label. Private label products can be less expensive to purchase because they don’t come from big names, meaning you can make more profit on them. You also have total control over how you market and present the product. However, don’t neglect the cost of designing your own logo, packaging, and trying to build a customer base. This isn’t always easy, especially in times when there are more sellers on Amazon than ever before.
Still, if you’re up for the task, we’d recommend trying your own brand out, as the profit margin can be much higher.
The Top Products to Sell in 2021
So, what do we expect some of the top Amazon 2021 products will be? As we mentioned above, the main categories to look at are personal care, games and puzzles, and fitness items.
Personal Care Items
With the world likely headed for continued restrictions and quarantines, many customers are turning to Amazon for their personal care needs. Rather than brave public stores just to restock on face wash, they tend to just buy it online. This means you might consider listing:
- Face masks: In particular, “peel-off face masks”saw a huge bump in Google Trends recently, with 30,000 searches per month.
- Nail polish: Designer nails are all the rage, with the global nail polish industry estimated to reach $15.6 billion by 2024.
- Hair-care products: Experts believe the hair care market will be worth $116.33 billion by 2021, with China leading the market. Shoppers are looking for hair-care products with compostable, recyclable or reusable packing, so see if you can meet their needs.
Games and Puzzles
We’re all going a bit stir-crazy during COVID-19, so everyone’s turning to games and puzzles for entertainment.
- Board games: The global board game market is currently at $7.6 billion and is expected to reach $11.6 billion by 2026.
- Puzzles: Millennials in particular are jumping into the puzzle life, buying them up faster than popular manufacturers can produce them.
- Laptop skins: With people on their computers so much, they want them to look good. Laptop skins have a search volume of 33,100 per month.
Many gyms and workout studios remain closed due to coronavirus, so people have had to turn to at-home workouts to stay in shape.
- Dumbbells: Dumbbells quickly sold out pretty much everywhere, meaning you may not even be able to get your hands on some to list. Current pricing for weights can be as high as $3 a pound — up from less than $1 a pound two years ago.
- Yoga mats: Yoga is another activity that’s gone up in popularity because it’s easy to do from home. Experts estimate the yoga mat market will reach $1.8 billion by 2024.
- Exercise bands: Searches for exercise bands have gone way up during quarantine, with “resistance bands” getting 673,000 searches per month.
- Water bottles: Water bottles are also a hot item, coming in with 103,000 searches per month. In particular, consumers are looking for eco-friendly, reusable bottles.
Prepare Your FBA Store for 2021
Finding a top product to sell on Amazon takes a little investigation, particularly when markets are changing so quickly. Any time you’re looking to add new products to your store, you need to research the market and make sure the product will still be in demand by the time you get set up. That’s especially true if you already have an existing FBA business in another niche.
One way you can speed up your new venture as well as get capital funding is by selling your existing Amazon FBA business to Boosted Commerce. We buy businesses of all sizes, and we pay out fast so you can quickly put that money into a new FBA store. To learn more, contact us today.